For many years, liposuction has been the most popular treatment for removing excess fat deposits. Overtime, innovations have been made to improve the effectiveness of the procedure and enhance the results. These innovations lead to different types of liposuction techniques. One such technique is SmartLipo, a laser based liposuction procedure that has impressive success rates.
Understanding The SmartLipo Procedure
This type of liposuction is precise and can help patients achieve the body they desire. SmartLipo is minimally invasive and less painful for patients. It can even decrease the amount of downtime a patient has to go through while recovering. It can be used to address stubborn fat in the arms, abdomen, thighs, neck, and buttocks. This treatment method is low risk and provides a permanent solution to eliminate fat.
The Steps Involved in the Procedure
To begin the treatment, your surgeon will put you under local anesthesia to numb the area being corrected. A small incision will then be made to insert the laser fiber into the target area. The laser heats up and burns the fat cells by disintegrating the fat cell membranes. The fat cells are demolished permanently.
The laser technology is tuned to treat the fat cells specifically. The surrounding tissues will not be affected. The laser will consist of three different wavelengths – one to burn the fat cells, one to enhance collagen production, and the other to coagulate the blood vessels surrounding the area. This is how the procedure results in improving the skin texture and elasticity.
The fat cells that are broken down will then be suctioned out. The process will coagulate and remove all the fat cells. The skin surrounding the affected area will also be tightened. This is why you won’t experience dimples and sagging skin after the procedure.
Benefits of SmartLipo
• It is a minimally invasive procedure. No large incisions mean that there are minimum risks involved.
• Quick recovery times is the other main advantage. With less downtime, you will be able to return to your daily routine quickly.
• SmartLipo is a precise treatment that can target areas that can’t be easily reached by other techniques.
• The intensity of correction obtained here is much better than most other liposuction methods. The laser will help destroy the fat cells before removing them. This is why even the toughest fat cells can be flushed out of the body with this method.
• SmartLipo can also be intricately used on the face and neck. This results in a sculpting effect.
• When fat deposits occur as a result of aging, then SmartLipo can be used to obtain visible results. This would help increase the tightness of the skin and provide a youthful rejuvenation.
• The results provided are long lasting and the post-surgical marks created will remain hidden.
Contact Our Office
Contact us to learn more about SmartLipo and the outstanding benefits it can provide you. Dr. Sharon Gertzman, a skilled physician, assess your body as a whole and develop a treatment plan that is well suited for your needs.