Sculptra is an injectable that is composed of poly-l-lactic acid, an active ingredient that is used for rejuvenating collagen production. It can help you improve the look and texture of your skin for a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
When Should You Consider the Treatment
This treatment is a safe and effective way for you to boost collagen production and improve the look and feel of your face. You should consider the treatment if you suffer from:
• Lipoatrophy: A condition that causes a loss of facial fat which results in the cheeks sinking in, hollowness under the eyes, and lack of properly defined lips. The polylactic acid in Sculptra helps to bring back the balance of your facial appearance by increasing its volume and eliminating the hollow and sunken look.
• Fine lines and wrinkles that develop as a result of the aging process and other external factors. The newly rejuvenated production of collagen will help reduce the lines and wrinkles.
Since the injection is made from lactic acid which is already present in our body, there’s usually no threat of an allergic reaction. However, it is still important to share your entire medical history with your doctor before going in for the treatment. You also need to abstain from alcohol and drug use before going under the treatment.
This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Your doctor will identify the injection points by marking the designated areas. Sometimes, topical anesthetics may be used to ease discomfort. Immediately after the injections, your care provider will massage the treated areas so that the solution spreads out evenly.
The beauty of this procedure is that you can return to your normal activities immediately after the treatment. You might notice a bit of swelling after the treatment, but it will subside in time. You could use an ice pack or a cold compress to improve it as well.
How it Works
The tiny crystals that are infused in the solution leads to the production of callogen. The solution has elements that lead to a very mild inflammatory reaction that immediately alerts the white blood cells to bring together fibroblasts that produce collagen. Over a span of over four to six weeks, its production will continue to grow to give volume and reduce the lines and wrinkles on the face.
Not only are the results immediate, you will also experience continued improvements over time. This treatment has long lasting effects and some patients may experience results that last up to two years after the treatment.
Features of Sculptra
• It is a synthetic solution but is completely biocompatible since poly-l-lactic acid, a naturally occurring element, is a major component.
• The injection is composed of microcrystals that are dissolved in sterile water.
• It is injected under the skin in a specific pattern that helps the crystals to spread out evenly across the affected area.
• It can provide results that last up to two years.
• It has minimal side effects that subside quickly.
• It is often referred to as a liquid facelift because of its proven results.
• It can help you achieve healthier looking skin, better facial volume, and less wrinkles in a matter of weeks.
• It is non-invasive.
• It can help boost your confidence.
Contact Our Office
Don’t hesitate to contact our office if you would like to learn more about the treatment. Dr. Sharon Gertzman, a skilled physician, will help you look good and feel great through safe and effective treatments that last.