ACUPUNCTURE-AN ANCIENT YET EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO PAIN RELIEF AND NATURAL HEALING.
For over 2,000 years, the medical art of acupuncture has successfully treated more people across the globe than all other health modalities combined. Medical acupuncture is the term used to describe acupuncture performed by a physician who is licensed and trained in Western medicine and has received thorough training in acupuncture as a specialty practice.
Dr. Gertzman is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine certified by the American Board of Medical Acupuncture. She has extensive training and experience in the art of medical acupuncture, using her skills to help:
- Promote health and well-being
- Prevent illness
- Treat various medical conditions, including:
- Acute and chronic pain, headaches, and insomnia
- Gynecological and menstrual discomfort
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Immune disorders
THE PREMISE BEHIND TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE:
- Channels of energy (meridians) run through the body and across its surface, flowing like tiny rivers.
- When an obstruction interrupts these energy rivers, the energy is thought to back up in one part of the body, restricting the flow in others.
- Acupuncture restores regular energy flow through the meridians by using thin needles inserted at very precise points to unblock these obstructions. In certain circumstances, needles may be heated or electrically stimulated.
- Needling stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals that can influence the body’s own regulating system.
- The restored flow of energy and biochemical balance promotes the body’s natural healing abilities, creating a greater sense of physical and emotional well-being.
There are no side effects related to acupuncture. The procedure is extremely safe and is relatively pain-free.